Roman Petrov (36 y.o.)
Professional software developer and team leader.
Graduated with Honors from Mari State Technical University in 2004.
Languages: Russian (first language), English (upper intermediate, fluent speaker)
As a programmer
I started programming when I was 6. Over the years I’ve worked with different platforms, technologies and programming languages. I love clean and testable code.
- Current interests and specializations:
- iOS native app development (Swift)
- Web development (ReactJS)
- Game development (Defold Engine)
- Audio processing and sound synthesis
- Current programming languages:
- Real-time polyphonic pitch detection and performance evaluation module for a guitar training app Guitarability
- BattleBots for Gameboy Advance — fitting 8MB game in a 4MB cart (created compression utilities)
- Audio engine for Gameboy Advance (C, ARM Assembler)
As a manager
I have over 8 years of experience in managing developers. I worked as a project manager, a team leader, and a CTO. Did code reviews, created coding standards, taught new developers, communicated with clients and managed projects.
- 2012—2016: Omega-R. CTO, iOS developer, project manager (Objective-C, Swift)
- 2003—2004: Freelance game developer, J2ME and GBA platforms (Java, C, C++, ARM Assembler)
- 2002: Pilot Group RUS Ltd. Software developer (С++, ASP, MS SQL)